So, I don't know if everyone is getting tired of hearing me whine about this on facebook or not. I feel like all I'm doing is whining. But really, I just want to cry all the time. I went to the surgery consultation yesterday. She was only in the room for all of 10 minutes, poked and prodded on my abdomen, and made me even MORE sore. She said she couldn't determine anything until we did a CT scan. (Why didn't they already have this scheduled? Because they were saying from the beginning that I would have to have the CT scan before I could have surgery.) So, CT is scheduled for Monday morning. I have to stop all eating and drinking at 9 pm on sunday. I have to drink one of these large (450 ML) shakes at 9 pm. Then another at 8:30 am, and the last at 9:30 am. CT at 10:00. Follow up with surgeon on tuesday afternoon. I am in pain All The Time now. I get just a little bit of relief from the heating pad, and tylenol/motrin don't help at all. I just want to cry. :(
Friday, October 26, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
Well, this has been a whirlwind two weeks. I broke down and went to the doctor, because I had been having intense pain in my abdomen for a couple of weeks. I called and spoke with my doctor's nurse, and she got me in pretty quickly. I was seen on the 10th of October. I went for that appointment, and she couldn't find the source of my pain. So she set up an appt for an ultrasound. I had that done on the 15th. They were only doing the lower abdomen, but when I layed back on the table, I pointed out exactly where the pain is, and told the tech that I could feel a lump that is about a two inch circle. So she scanned that area too. I knew that she had found something, because she spent about 15 minutes just checking out that area and taking pictures. But she couldn't tell me what she found. Two days later, on the 17th, my doctor called me back with the results. She said, "well, everything came back normal as far as what we THOUGHT it was. However, you do have a hernia. And you will have to have surgery to repair it." So surgery called me a couple days later and scheduled my consultation for the 25th (this thursday). Then we shall see when surgery will be. I just want to not be in pain anymore. I have a heating pad on my abdomen, set on high, for about 60% of my day. Tylenol and ibuprofin aren't cutting the pain at all.
Posted by Carrie at 4:07 AM
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
1. Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
2. The benefit of the doubt is sometimes the best gift we can give our friends.
3. There will always be mean girls – that doesn’t mean we find a tower and Rapunzel ourselves away from the world.
4. Your daddy has loved you better and longer than any boy ever will.
5. Your brother will teach you how boys should treat you.
6. You’re always welcome in my wardrobe.
7. The world needs your point of view.
8. Food is a joy.
9. Your body is strong and capable of more than you can imagine right now.
10. Ice cream is a love language.
11. Cook, decorate, clean, organize because you love to, not because someone tells you you’re meant to.
12. Music makes everything better.
13. Dance – especially when you’re doing the laundry.
14. You’ll never be too old for me to rock you.
15. Nothing you tell me will ever make me want to stop hearing from you.
16. We need your story.
17. No prayer request is ever too small, too silly or too embarrassing to share.
18. Washing your face every night is the best kind of beauty routine.
19. Sunscreen – take care of your skin!
20. A good movie and popcorn make for a perfect evening.
21. Blue eyes really do melt hearts.
22. Homemade cookies are better than store bought ANY day.
23. A good movie can change how you understand someone else.
24. Words can build bridges between people.
25. Home is not where we live but who we love.
26. I’m never tired of being your mother.
27. We spent countless nights thinking up the PERFECT name for you.
28. Inevitably I will splinter your heart. But we will tweeze it out together.
29. You taught me how to feel beautiful. 30. Staying up late to read a good book is never time wasted. 31. Good girls aren’t boring. 32. A great mascara is always worth the investment. 33. Getting up at 4am, when everyone else is sleeping, just to have a cup of coffee and quiet time, is worth it.
34. I can't always help you fight your fights, but I will be there to pick you up.
35. The best way never to worry about anyone gossiping about you is never to gossip about anybody.
36. Saying sorry first is a sign of strength not a weakness.
37. I’m on your side; especially on the days when it doesn’t feel like it.
38. Your body is a temple. Treat it as such. Respect it. Love it.
39. Wait for your one true love. You will find him, and you will be glad you waited.
40. The movies lie. Passion isn’t a contorted exercise on a marble staircase, it’s doing the dishes together and lying with your feet touching in bed at the end of a long day.
41. Marriage is an act of courage, commitment and sacrifice. It’s also the most fun you’ll ever have with your best friend.
42. Always fight fair. But don’t be afraid to fight.
43. Long hair requires a really good conditioner.
44. God says He has made all things beautiful – that includes you, my love – no matter how you feel about your body.
45. Fashion is not my forte; I look forward to learning from you.
46. I love the curves you and your brother added to my body.
47. A good cry is great therapy.
48. Christian women aren’t immune from cliques. Love on regardless.
49. Bad hair days are inevitable.
50. A strong man is never threatened by a strong woman.
51. Go big even if it means failing big. Especially then.
52. Be the friend you wish you had.
54. You can’t control what others think about you. Let it go.
55. A first kiss should be toasted, treasured, savored.
56. I will be your best friend. But I will be your mother more.
57. Womanhood is a gift.
58. Never forget that you can talk to me about ANYTHING.
59. Stop for sunsets.
60. Prince Charming isn’t a fairytale, he’s a myth.
61. Daughters teach us about our mothers. You gave me back my mom.
62. Jesus loves you for you. Not for your ability to bear children.
63. Husbands need a wife. Not another mom.
64. It’s true what they say about childbirth and then some.
65. Love waits.
66. Patience is never wasted.
67. Don’t just Instagram your life. Live it.
68. Dad will be the one helping you with geography and science homework.
69. Don’t be afraid of a broken heart.
70. The only thing holding you back from making a difference in the world will be yourself.
71. Daddy makes the best peanut brittle.
72. Girlfriends are the best kind of free therapy there is.
73. Don’t be afraid to be foolish.
74. Real life is always better than online.
75. A good friend loves at all times. Period.
76. Never stop WANTING to read. A good book is the best thing to have.
77. Eating too much nerds candy will be something your teeth make you regret in your thirties.
78. I’m more interested in your growth than your happiness.
79. I will earthquake wide open when you hurt.
80. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it, wear it or say it.
81. Challenge yourself.
82. You’re the most brave when you’re the most scared and keep going anyway.
83. Learn at least one other language.
84. Marriage is better than you can ever imagine when you first fall in love.
85. Homesickness never gets easier.
86. But Dramamine is the perfect cure for motion sickness on 18 hour flights.
87. We need each other.
88. Bad haircuts grow out eventually.
89. You will love again.
90. The painful truth is always easier than a messy lie.
91. Jesus loves you, this I know. In my heart, my bones, my soul.
92. There’s no such thing as perfect.
93. You can always come home.
94. Nothing will make me love you less.
95. Nothing will make me love you more.
96. The mirror is not the boss of you.
97. My heart breaks when you are sad.
98. Your little brother loves you more than you know.
99. And he will protect you like he's your BIG brother.
100 .You will always be my baby girl.
Posted by Carrie at 9:18 AM
Monday, August 27, 2012
Today would have been my friend Alisha's 34th birthday. And her son Jamie just turned 17 a couple of weeks ago. Where has the time gone? We lost Alisha almost a year and a half ago. I miss her so much. Her sister posted a video to FB this morning of Alisha's b.day 2 years ago. I miss her voice. I miss her laugh. I miss the good times we had. There were so many. She was one my my bestest friends ever. Happy birthday Alisha. <3
Posted by Carrie at 5:08 AM
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
My friend Jen and I went to Ha Ha Tonka castle yesterday. www.mostateparks.com/park/ha-ha-tonka-state-park We had a great time exploring the castle ruins and taking photos. This castle was completed in the 1920's, but burned down in 1942. The state of Missouri purchased it and turned it into a State Park. The water tower didn't burn down in 1942, but it did get burned by vandals in 1976.
Posted by Carrie at 12:51 PM
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
Posted by Carrie at 9:34 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2012
I only have a couple of good ones from Christmas though.
These were when the kids opened their favorite gifts at Grandma's house.
This is when Orin opened his Skylanders Wii game.
And this is when Morgan opened her first ever really real cell phone.
Love the look of excitement on their faces. :)
Posted by Carrie at 9:19 AM
Friday, February 3, 2012
Does anyone read my blog anymore? Has anyone even noticed that it's been nearly 4 months since my last post?
So, we LOVE our house!! We've been here for almost 10 months. Had our first Christmas in a real house. And Santa even had a chimney to come down. No more leaving a key on the front door knob.
We had a wonderful Christmas with so many blessings.
My brother Ben and his wife Stephanie had their 3rd daughter on Dec 7th. Abbigail was born on her sister Jillian's 2nd birthday. I am so proud of Ben and the family that he has.
How about this weather?? We didn't even get a real winter this year. My trees are already budding, and my flowers are blooming. I hope we don't get bad weather now.
Well, that's all I've got for now. I'll post pics next time. I'll try to do that within the next week.
Posted by Carrie at 8:58 PM