So, I don't know if everyone is getting tired of hearing me whine about this on facebook or not. I feel like all I'm doing is whining. But really, I just want to cry all the time. I went to the surgery consultation yesterday. She was only in the room for all of 10 minutes, poked and prodded on my abdomen, and made me even MORE sore. She said she couldn't determine anything until we did a CT scan. (Why didn't they already have this scheduled? Because they were saying from the beginning that I would have to have the CT scan before I could have surgery.) So, CT is scheduled for Monday morning. I have to stop all eating and drinking at 9 pm on sunday. I have to drink one of these large (450 ML) shakes at 9 pm. Then another at 8:30 am, and the last at 9:30 am. CT at 10:00. Follow up with surgeon on tuesday afternoon. I am in pain All The Time now. I get just a little bit of relief from the heating pad, and tylenol/motrin don't help at all. I just want to cry. :(
Friday, October 26, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
Well, this has been a whirlwind two weeks. I broke down and went to the doctor, because I had been having intense pain in my abdomen for a couple of weeks. I called and spoke with my doctor's nurse, and she got me in pretty quickly. I was seen on the 10th of October. I went for that appointment, and she couldn't find the source of my pain. So she set up an appt for an ultrasound. I had that done on the 15th. They were only doing the lower abdomen, but when I layed back on the table, I pointed out exactly where the pain is, and told the tech that I could feel a lump that is about a two inch circle. So she scanned that area too. I knew that she had found something, because she spent about 15 minutes just checking out that area and taking pictures. But she couldn't tell me what she found. Two days later, on the 17th, my doctor called me back with the results. She said, "well, everything came back normal as far as what we THOUGHT it was. However, you do have a hernia. And you will have to have surgery to repair it." So surgery called me a couple days later and scheduled my consultation for the 25th (this thursday). Then we shall see when surgery will be. I just want to not be in pain anymore. I have a heating pad on my abdomen, set on high, for about 60% of my day. Tylenol and ibuprofin aren't cutting the pain at all.
Posted by Carrie at 4:07 AM
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
1. Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
2. The benefit of the doubt is sometimes the best gift we can give our friends.
3. There will always be mean girls – that doesn’t mean we find a tower and Rapunzel ourselves away from the world.
4. Your daddy has loved you better and longer than any boy ever will.
5. Your brother will teach you how boys should treat you.
6. You’re always welcome in my wardrobe.
7. The world needs your point of view.
8. Food is a joy.
9. Your body is strong and capable of more than you can imagine right now.
10. Ice cream is a love language.
11. Cook, decorate, clean, organize because you love to, not because someone tells you you’re meant to.
12. Music makes everything better.
13. Dance – especially when you’re doing the laundry.
14. You’ll never be too old for me to rock you.
15. Nothing you tell me will ever make me want to stop hearing from you.
16. We need your story.
17. No prayer request is ever too small, too silly or too embarrassing to share.
18. Washing your face every night is the best kind of beauty routine.
19. Sunscreen – take care of your skin!
20. A good movie and popcorn make for a perfect evening.
21. Blue eyes really do melt hearts.
22. Homemade cookies are better than store bought ANY day.
23. A good movie can change how you understand someone else.
24. Words can build bridges between people.
25. Home is not where we live but who we love.
26. I’m never tired of being your mother.
27. We spent countless nights thinking up the PERFECT name for you.
28. Inevitably I will splinter your heart. But we will tweeze it out together.
29. You taught me how to feel beautiful. 30. Staying up late to read a good book is never time wasted. 31. Good girls aren’t boring. 32. A great mascara is always worth the investment. 33. Getting up at 4am, when everyone else is sleeping, just to have a cup of coffee and quiet time, is worth it.
34. I can't always help you fight your fights, but I will be there to pick you up.
35. The best way never to worry about anyone gossiping about you is never to gossip about anybody.
36. Saying sorry first is a sign of strength not a weakness.
37. I’m on your side; especially on the days when it doesn’t feel like it.
38. Your body is a temple. Treat it as such. Respect it. Love it.
39. Wait for your one true love. You will find him, and you will be glad you waited.
40. The movies lie. Passion isn’t a contorted exercise on a marble staircase, it’s doing the dishes together and lying with your feet touching in bed at the end of a long day.
41. Marriage is an act of courage, commitment and sacrifice. It’s also the most fun you’ll ever have with your best friend.
42. Always fight fair. But don’t be afraid to fight.
43. Long hair requires a really good conditioner.
44. God says He has made all things beautiful – that includes you, my love – no matter how you feel about your body.
45. Fashion is not my forte; I look forward to learning from you.
46. I love the curves you and your brother added to my body.
47. A good cry is great therapy.
48. Christian women aren’t immune from cliques. Love on regardless.
49. Bad hair days are inevitable.
50. A strong man is never threatened by a strong woman.
51. Go big even if it means failing big. Especially then.
52. Be the friend you wish you had.
54. You can’t control what others think about you. Let it go.
55. A first kiss should be toasted, treasured, savored.
56. I will be your best friend. But I will be your mother more.
57. Womanhood is a gift.
58. Never forget that you can talk to me about ANYTHING.
59. Stop for sunsets.
60. Prince Charming isn’t a fairytale, he’s a myth.
61. Daughters teach us about our mothers. You gave me back my mom.
62. Jesus loves you for you. Not for your ability to bear children.
63. Husbands need a wife. Not another mom.
64. It’s true what they say about childbirth and then some.
65. Love waits.
66. Patience is never wasted.
67. Don’t just Instagram your life. Live it.
68. Dad will be the one helping you with geography and science homework.
69. Don’t be afraid of a broken heart.
70. The only thing holding you back from making a difference in the world will be yourself.
71. Daddy makes the best peanut brittle.
72. Girlfriends are the best kind of free therapy there is.
73. Don’t be afraid to be foolish.
74. Real life is always better than online.
75. A good friend loves at all times. Period.
76. Never stop WANTING to read. A good book is the best thing to have.
77. Eating too much nerds candy will be something your teeth make you regret in your thirties.
78. I’m more interested in your growth than your happiness.
79. I will earthquake wide open when you hurt.
80. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it, wear it or say it.
81. Challenge yourself.
82. You’re the most brave when you’re the most scared and keep going anyway.
83. Learn at least one other language.
84. Marriage is better than you can ever imagine when you first fall in love.
85. Homesickness never gets easier.
86. But Dramamine is the perfect cure for motion sickness on 18 hour flights.
87. We need each other.
88. Bad haircuts grow out eventually.
89. You will love again.
90. The painful truth is always easier than a messy lie.
91. Jesus loves you, this I know. In my heart, my bones, my soul.
92. There’s no such thing as perfect.
93. You can always come home.
94. Nothing will make me love you less.
95. Nothing will make me love you more.
96. The mirror is not the boss of you.
97. My heart breaks when you are sad.
98. Your little brother loves you more than you know.
99. And he will protect you like he's your BIG brother.
100 .You will always be my baby girl.
Posted by Carrie at 9:18 AM
Monday, August 27, 2012
Today would have been my friend Alisha's 34th birthday. And her son Jamie just turned 17 a couple of weeks ago. Where has the time gone? We lost Alisha almost a year and a half ago. I miss her so much. Her sister posted a video to FB this morning of Alisha's b.day 2 years ago. I miss her voice. I miss her laugh. I miss the good times we had. There were so many. She was one my my bestest friends ever. Happy birthday Alisha. <3
Posted by Carrie at 5:08 AM
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
My friend Jen and I went to Ha Ha Tonka castle yesterday. www.mostateparks.com/park/ha-ha-tonka-state-park We had a great time exploring the castle ruins and taking photos. This castle was completed in the 1920's, but burned down in 1942. The state of Missouri purchased it and turned it into a State Park. The water tower didn't burn down in 1942, but it did get burned by vandals in 1976.
Posted by Carrie at 12:51 PM
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
Posted by Carrie at 9:34 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2012
I only have a couple of good ones from Christmas though.
These were when the kids opened their favorite gifts at Grandma's house.
This is when Orin opened his Skylanders Wii game.
And this is when Morgan opened her first ever really real cell phone.
Love the look of excitement on their faces. :)
Posted by Carrie at 9:19 AM
Friday, February 3, 2012
Does anyone read my blog anymore? Has anyone even noticed that it's been nearly 4 months since my last post?
So, we LOVE our house!! We've been here for almost 10 months. Had our first Christmas in a real house. And Santa even had a chimney to come down. No more leaving a key on the front door knob.
We had a wonderful Christmas with so many blessings.
My brother Ben and his wife Stephanie had their 3rd daughter on Dec 7th. Abbigail was born on her sister Jillian's 2nd birthday. I am so proud of Ben and the family that he has.
How about this weather?? We didn't even get a real winter this year. My trees are already budding, and my flowers are blooming. I hope we don't get bad weather now.
Well, that's all I've got for now. I'll post pics next time. I'll try to do that within the next week.
Posted by Carrie at 8:58 PM
Monday, October 10, 2011
I'm gonna make a bunch of these. :)
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.
Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. I got about 26-28 cookies out of these.
Posted by Carrie at 1:36 PM
Monday, September 26, 2011
Check out my AVON page and see what's new!
Posted by Carrie at 12:30 PM
Today is my wonderful husband's 37th birthday. We celebrated yesterday with football, good food, cake and presents. His Chief's didn't win the game, but they did play a good game.
It's been a long time since I've updated my blog. And every time I do, I have good intentions of doing it more often. All I can say is, I'll do my best.
We've been in our house for 5 1/2 months now. It's definitely "home".
The kids are growing like crazy. Morgan is 4' 9.3/4". Orin is 3' 9.3/4".
Morgan is only 4.1/4" shorter than me. And speaking of her crazy growth, she is also wearing size 9 women's shoes. I'll be getting her hand me downs now. lol
I also want to brag a little on myself. :)
I started losing weight. Between July 2010 & Sept 2011, I've lost 33.5#.
I've only got 6.5 to go before I reach my target weight!
Posted by Carrie at 8:46 AM
Monday, March 21, 2011
Here I am....4 months later. Spring is here and I thought I'd give this blogging thing a fresh start.
Lot's of things going on lately. Almost all good.
The blue house didn't happen. But the white one that is just two doors down from the blue one did! We close on it on the 31st of this month and we will take possession April 7th. Moving will hopefully start the 9th.
Click on the collage for bigger pics.
My dad will be moving into our trailer when we move out. So he will be saving some money each month, and after 10 months, he won't have to pay anything except lot rent to the owner of the trailer park.
The kids are both doing good in school. They're getting taller and smarter.
They're both sick right now with sinus/respitory junk. But they're both on meds for it. Hopefully they'll both be better soon.
Posted by Carrie at 10:42 AM
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
I know my posts are few and far between, but that is a reflection of how busy things have been recently. In a good way. :D
We got approaved for a home loan through the USDA!! We've looked at roughly 10 houses, and finally found one that is perfect. We're going tomorrow for our 2nd walk-through of this house. If everything looks good, we're going to put down an offer!!
Front of house
Newly remodeled kitchen
Living room and dining room
My scrapbooking room!!!
Please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Posted by Carrie at 10:12 AM
Friday, October 22, 2010
July 27th was my first day of getting up at 5am. (I get up at 4 on sundays because I have to go to work early.) I've gotten up that early every single day (except for 2 where I was feeling sick, like this morning. But I still did my morning routine when I finally got up.)
I was 180 lbs when I started. I'm down to 165.3 now! I've lost 14.7 lbs!!!
I've gone down 2 pants sizes and I've lost 7 1/2 inches off of my hips!
According to my wii, I have 83 more days to go to my December goal. And I only need to lose 1 1/2 lbs by then.
I completely stopped eating dairy because of digestive issues.
I quit drinking soda.
And yesterday was my first day of drinking only water. I'm shooting for a month of this.
I may be signing up at a fitness center. I really want to. And it's right across the street from my work, so I could stop in there after work and get in 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before going home. It's a 24 hour place.
I'm just so excited about all of this! I've been a steady 180 since a couple of weeks after Orin was born. I never thought I'd see 165 again.
Posted by Carrie at 7:49 AM
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Where did the time go? We've already finished with the first quarter at school.
Morgan did awesome! She got 4 A's and a B+. She's reading at a 5th grade level (5th grade/7th month to be exact). Her teacher said Morgan is an absolute doll and she'd give anything to have a class full of Morgan's.
Orin's teacher said that he is so smart and polite. And she's sure that he is smarter than she is. lol
Posted by Carrie at 12:41 PM
Thursday, September 30, 2010
I took Orin to the park after school on tuesday to have a picnic and play. He really hammed it up for the camera.
And he had a great time playing. He'd never been to this park before. All of the equipment looked like dinosaurs.
Posted by Carrie at 10:58 AM
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Life has been busy for us.
Both kids are in school now. Morgan is in 3rd grade and doing excellent. Orin started preschool. He goes on tuesdays and thursdays for 2 1/2 hours a day. He LOVES it. And he was so upset when he had to miss yesterday because he was sick. He had a fever monday night and then tuesday the fever got even higher.
I've been getting up at 5am every single day for the last 8 weeks to exercise before the kids wake up.(except for 1 day where I decided I needed to sleep in, but I exercised when I got up.) Makes it easier to do without them arguing. I've lost 7.4 pounds in these 8 weeks. I've also lost 5 inches off of my hips in the last year!
Only 32.6 pounds to go till I'm at my goal weight.
Posted by Carrie at 7:59 AM
Monday, August 2, 2010
Wow, can't believe I didn't blog in July.
The kid's and I took a trip to IL on saturday to see my grandpa. We had a great visit and also got to see my Aunt Mary, Uncle Rick, Laura and Aunt Iris.
After that, we went out the the cemetary where mom is at.
Then we went to the big rock again @ the Lewis & Clark memorial site.
We also discovered that there is a museum down there too. Awesome! http://www.greatriverroad.com/lewclark/campriverdubois.htm
My GPS is so funny. I asked it to give me the fastest route from Granite City to Rolla, and it took me THROUGH the residential areas of St. Louis. Interesting drive though. Once we got to Sullivan, we HAD to stop for spicy tacos at Jack in the box.
We had a great time. And believe it or not, I've never made the trip to IL without another adult in the car to guide me. I did it all by myself (with the help of my handy-dandy GPS system). We'll have to do this again soon. I want more tacos. lol
Posted by Carrie at 1:55 PM