Eas BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, seven years later













Seven years & 1 day ago, I was pregnant with my first child. I was over the moon with joy. There was nothing wrong in my world.
I went to bed that night reveling in the joy of the precious little girl that was growing inside me.

I woke up early that day, and went in to watch some tv. What came on the screen scared me to death. I was shocked. And scrared. And wasn't completely sure what was happening.

I got my husband out of bed. We watched as they kept showing the same footage over and over of the plane hitting the tower.

Then, we realized that it was a second plane that they were showing. A second tower. A second crash.

This was all so unreal.

I didn't know what was happening. And I was scared for my little girl that wasn't even born yet. Would she BE born? Would we be okay? What about down the road? What did the future hold for us?

I'm happy to say that I have a beautiful 6 1/2 year old daughter now. But I'm so sad for all of the lives that were tragically lost that day. I'm sad for their families that lost them.

And not a day goes by that I don't think about that awful day. Something always reminds me. Like when I see the police/fire trucks/ambulances here in town with 911 on the vehicle. Or when the clock says 9:11.

My heart goes out to all of you who are missing someone today.

0 comments: